Well Winter has finally arrived! We are supposed to have a very wet winter with El Nino Storms predicted. Ensure that you are prepared for freezing temperatures, flooding, and power outages.
Ways to Prepare:
- Have extra water stored for emergencies
- Have extra food in the form of non-perishable proteins such as canned tuna and peanut butter
- Have plenty of flashlights and extra batteries
- Avoid using candles during a power outage. There is a great risk of fire and typically a shortage of first responders due to the emergencies related to the power outage
- Have warm blankets, extra socks or warm slippers available
- Have disposable packets of hand warmers (great for arthritic hands in the cold)
- If your area is prone to flooding arrange for sandbags. If you need help or advice contact your city’s Public Works Department.
Have a Happy and Safe Holiday Season from everyone here at Meals on Wheels.
Share this page: