Give so that you too can “Deliver a Difference”
Your donation will
Deliver a Difference
to a Solano County senior TODAY!
Did you know…
- 2.3 million Americans over the age of 60 face the threat of hunger. That’s 1 in 6.
- Since the onset of the recession the number of seniors experiencing the threat of hunger has increased by 49%.
- 2.5 million seniors receive home-delivered or congregate meals via Meals on Wheels programs.
- 2014: 1/5th of Solano County’s population is over the age of 60.
- 2025: 1/4th of Solano County’s population will be over the age of 60.
- Today: 26% of senior households have annual incomes less than $25,ooo
(According to UCLA Center for Health Policy Research older adults need TWICE the Federal Poverty Level to make ends meet)
What it Costs to Prepare a Meal…
Your generosity will help us to provide nutritious meals, daily contact from a dedicated volunteer and to support independence while promoting the social, physical and emotional well being for all seniors. Meals on Wheels of Solano County delivers over 600 meals every day to Solano County seniors in need. Each senior meal costs Meals on Wheels approximately $3.90 to prepare and deliver. For clients 60 and older, Meals on Wheels qualifies for partial reimbursement from the federal government under the Older Americans Act. We receive these funds under contract from the Area Agency on Aging. However, it is only a partial reimbursement and we must raise additional funds to cover the gap. Your charitable donation will go directly towards funding that gap.
Share this page: